While acupuncture balances the body’s energies through an external force, Chinese Medicine treats disease by altering the body’s internal energies.
Certain herbs contain natural substances whose essence gently corrects underlying deficiencies. While many of these botanical substances have been isolated and analyzed scientifically, it is their synergy which produces their potent effects.
By way of a thorough diagnosis, Chinese medicine will analyze your body’s individual dis-harmonies and develop an intricate prescription to restore your delicate internal equilibrium. We will create a harmonizing formula designed precisely for you.
Major TCM Treatment Modalities
- Qigong: an energy practice, generally encompassing simple movements and postures. Some Qigong systems also emphasize breathing techniques
- Herbal Therapy: the use of herbal combinations or formulas to strengthen and support organ system function
- Acupuncture: the insertion of needles into specific acupuncture points
- Acupressure: the use of specific massage techniques
- Foods for Healing: the prescription of certain foods for healing based on their energy essences or energy signatures, not nutritional value
- Chinese Psychology: the understanding of emotions and their relationship to the internal organ systems and their influence on health