HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PAIN TREATMENT
BTL Shockwave therapy is a new non-invasive solution for musculoskeletal pain.
Applications are mostly associated with treatment of chronic muscular and tendon disorders, back and neck pain.
Most common indications include: painful shoulder, epicondylitis, low back pain, Achilles tendon pain, patellar tendonitis, lingering pain and trigger points
Shockwave therapy involves creating a series of low energy acoustic wave pulsations that are directly applied to an injury through a person’s skin via a gel medium.
You don’t need painkillers with it – the purpose of the therapy is to trigger the body’s own natural healing response. Many people report that their pain is reduced and mobility improved after the first treatment.
Shockwave treatment is usually done once a week for 3-6 weeks, depending on results. The treatment itself can cause mild discomfort, but it only last 4-5 minutes, and the intensity can be adjusted to keep it comfortable.
Shockwave therapy has shown to effectively treat the following conditions:
- Feet – heel spurs, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis
- Elbow – tennis and golfers elbow
- Shoulder – calcific tendinosis of rotator cuff muscles, painful shoulders
- Knee – patellar tendonitis, jumpers knee
- Hip – bursitis
- Lower leg – shin splints
- Muscle spasm
- Upper leg – Iliotibial band friction syndrome
- Back pain – lumbar and cervical spine regions and chronic muscular pain
Some of the benefits of shockwave therapy treatment:
- Shockwave therapy has excellent cost/effectiveness ratio
- Non-invasive solution for chronic pain in your shoulder, back, heel, knee or elbow
- No anaesthesia required, no drugs
- Limited side effects
- Main fields of application: orthopaedics, rehabilitation, and sport medicine
- New research shows that it can have a positive effect on acute pain
What to expect after a treatment
After the treatment, you may experience temporary soreness, tenderness or swelling for a few days following the procedure, as the shockwaves stimulate an inflammatory response. But this is the body healing itself naturally. So, it’s important not to take any anti-inflammatory medication after treatment, which may slow down the results.
Upon completion of your treatment you can return to most regular activities almost immediately.
To make an appointment or for further information please call us on 011 433 0066 / 027 1190